You have heard this message time and time again - It’s so important for family caregivers to take care of their own health so they can take care of their loved ones! But as a family caregiver, we know how hard it is to find the time!
Here are some apps that you can use to help you stay relaxed, healthy and fit so that you can stay strong in your role as a family caregiver.
- Stress Stopper Pro: Includes strategies and breathing exercises to help you reduce stress (both chronic and random).
- Magic Window: When you're stuck indoors taking care of your loved one, take a look at something natural and beautiful.
- Authentic Yoga wit Deepak Chopra: This app provides a variety of yoga routines for all fitness levels and for a variety of goals.
- Workout Trainer by Skimble: This is another app that works great for home exercisers with a number of free guided workouts you can listen to (and view demos of each exercise, if needed) while listening to your own music.
- A Home Exercise Program: A simple and easy way to stay fit and healthy.
- Ambiance: For those who like to relax blocking out external sounds and chatter with headphones, this app provides 2500 different options for doing so.
- aSleep: This app works similar to Ambiance in that it provides a variety of sound patterns that can be listened to for relaxation.
- Buddhist Mediation Trainer: Provides quotes to meditate on. It has a meditation timer to measure the duration of your meditation and it features 10 levels of enlightenment.